Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Moving Down South...Camping on the Rouge River with the Syrings

After we left Salem, we drove south through the mountains to camp out on the Rouge River (and to float it of course!).  The campgrounds were really full so it was a little noisy, but we had a great time anyway!  I had a great time riding my bike around (and Daddy got a great workout!).  We stayed two nights on the river and got to float with John, Laura, and baby Owen.  It was a nice relaxing float (I even took a nap on the way!).  We saw jet boats go by and make huge waves on the beach where we ate lunch.  Looks like we forgot to take pictures of our float (or more likely they are on another camera!)



We had a nearby water spout that Owen and I had a ball playing in...my purple cowgirl hat helped keep the sun out of my eyes.


I loved helping Daddy pack up our rafting gear...it takes up most of the truck!  That is why the popup is the best for us!


The river spot was nice, but we were glad for our extra shade.

Miss Laura read books to me and Owen while everyone else packed up.  Owen had some great books I hadn't seen before.  We had a really great time with the Syrings!

No comments:

Post a Comment