Saturday, January 22, 2011

Summer Raft Float with Nonna and Papa Tu!

In August, we went for a float down the Upper Colorado with my grandparents.  We camped one night at the put-in and then stayed overnight out on the river.  My Nonna and Papa Tu are adventurous!  Here is my and Papi, happy to be on the river..


Nonna and I waited at the put-in whiel everyone got the raft ready.  She taught me how to throw rocks into the river.


It rained like crazy while we were floating, but I stayed dry!  After we got to camp, I went exploring with Papi.  Daisy came with us.


Finally - sunshine!  Dadddy and I danced on the picnic table we were so happy!


Two adventurers, rowing us downstream...


Mama let me play on the raft at the end of the day.  We pretended we were setting off down the Grand Canyon together.  We pinky-sweared that we would do this together one day.  I can't wait!


Lucky for Daddy, I am good at rowing.  I sometimes get a little tired, but then he lets me just hang out.


We hit some gnarly rapids - it was AWESOME!  (I didn't row these, but I will some day.)


Here's our family - Mama, Me, and Daddy.  We love being a river family!

No comments:

Post a Comment